You can blame this recipe on my raw cookbook. While looking through it, I got inspired to make almond crackers. Their recipes use flaxseeds and a dehydrator. I don’t use either on Pesach. I have a cousin that makes her own crackers and they come out really yummy.
When I roll these out, I put them between 2 baking sheets. If you don’t have a rolling pin for Pesach, feel free to mush them down with the heel of your palm.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Passover Almond Crackers
Use the almond pulp left over from making almond milk. If you don't have any, feel free to use real almonds. Grind almonds into a fine powder with your blender.
- almond pulp - 2 3/4 cups
- matzo meal - 1/2 cup, finely ground
- salt - 2 teaspoons
- olive oil - 4 tablespoons
- water - 3/4 cup
- rosemary - 1 tablespoon, ground
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add oil and water and mix into a dough
- Roll so that it is about 1/8th inch thick
- Brush with water and sprinkle with rosemary
- Slice into cracker size pieces and place on a lined baking sheet
- Prick with a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Cool and store in a dry container