I was so happy when I found this recipe. I’ve made other mock chop livers before – with peas or string beans, but those all had hard boiled eggs in them. No good for me. I was also so happy to find it because it is both easy and something that I will be able to make on Passover. I’m a bit nervous about Passover. Since I won’t be able to eat tofu or soy it’s going to really limit my variety. At least it’s only for a week.
Back to the mock chop liver. Here’s the recipe:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Mock Chop Liver
This is one of my favorite recipes. You can serve it warm or cold.
- mushrooms - 2 cups
- onions - 2 large, chopped
- oil - for frying
- walnuts - 1 cup
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in fry pan
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook on a medium heat until caramelized. Add oil as needed
- Put walnuts in a food processor and process
- Add caramelized onions and mushrooms and process until smooth
- Mix in salt and pepper to taste
I made this last week and served it with more fried onions. You just can’t have enough fried onions.
It makes such an amazing sandwich stuffer. Very yummy!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: