I use mushrooms in so many dishes, that I think I may one day turn into a mushroom. Different mushrooms have different flavors. Portobello mushrooms have a wonderful meaty flavor and are nice and big, so you feel like you are having a juicy piece of meat. (Well maybe not exactly, but it is pretty close).
Portobello Mushroom Steaks
You only use the caps for this recipe. I save the stems and use them in other dishes. Waste not, want not.
- portobello mushrooms - 1 package
- garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- water - 1/4 cup
- thyme - 1 teaspoon
- Gently remove stems from mushrooms
- In a Ziploc bag, add all the ingredients
- Let mushrooms marinate for a couple of hours
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove mushrooms from marinade and roast on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes
- Flip mushrooms and cook 5 more minutes
- Serve warm