This is a recipe that I got from my friend Ziza. She makes it practically every week. It’s easy, low in fat, and everyone loves it. She says that it’s important to use a good pot. Since you won’t be cooking the peppers in oil, make sure to use a heavy, non-stick pot to get the job done right. It’s helpful that the peppers release their own juices so that they don’t stick to the pan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
Use lots of colors of peppers. It makes it beautifully colorful.
- bell peppers - 5 large, sliced in strips
- kosher salt - 1 teaspoon
- garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Heat pot
- Lower heat and add peppers and salt
- Cook on low heat until the peppers release their juices, about 45 minutes
- Add garlic and cook 5 more minutes
- Remove from heat and add olive oil
- Refrigerate and serve chilled