I use a lot of carrots when I cook. I use them in kugels, kishke, soups and stews. I practically never just make carrots. I don’t know why I don’t. They are great by themselves. This dish is a savory side dish. I used to make candied carrots, but if I’m going to go sweet, I’ll make tzimmes. This is a nice change.
One of the nice things about this dish is that you can serve it practically any time and to most people – it’s vegan, and free of gluten, soy, sugar and nuts. I guess it’s one of those foods that just brings people together.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
I make this as a side dish, but I could just sit down in one go and eat the whole thing by myself.
- carrots - 8
- garlic - 3 cloves
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- kosher salt - 1 teaspoon
- thyme - 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Peel and slice carrots into sticks
- Slice garlic
- Mix all the ingredients together and place in a baking dish
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Uncover and cook for 10 more minutes
- Serve warm
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: