I do a lot of baking. Baking is just my thing. So far, at least, most of these have been baking recipes.
That’s why I called on my friend Ziza to help me out with making salads. Ziza makes all sorts of salads. This cabbage salad recipe is one of my favorites. When we a get together, Ziza knows that this is the one that I’ll ask for.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
This is a wonderful sweet and tart salad.
- cabbage - 1 medium, shredded
- sesame seeds - 1/4 cup
- sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- olive oil - 1/2 cup
- balsamic vinegar - 1/4 cup
- sugar - 2 tablespoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- date honey - 1/2 cup
- Toast sesame seeds and sunflower seeds in frying pan with a little salt.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well to make dressing.
- Pour dressing on cabbage before serving and toss.
This is actually a pretty easy salad to make, as long as you have the ingredients to make it. I try to most of keep them around. It’s very light and since it doesn’t have anything that can spoil quickly, it is great for a picnic.
Thanks, Ziza, for sharing this recipe. It’s great!Add to Favourites