Mushrooms have to be my favorite food ever. I don’t really know how they come into being, but I’m so glad that they are here.
Cream of mushroom soup was always something that we bought. I never thought of making it myself until recently. The idea of cooking with milk is not something that I was brought up on. Besides that, the Israeli soy milk is a bit too sweet to use and is not really the best thing for cooking. I like to use almond milk that I make myself for this recipe. It gives the smoothness without the sweetness.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Cream of Mushroom Soup
All types of mushrooms work for this soup. I use the regular, button mushrooms. If you want a stronger mushroom flavor, try shitake.
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- onion - 1 large, chopped
- mushrooms - 1 1/2 cartons, chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- potato starch - 3 tablespoons
- parve chicken soup bouillon - 2 tablespoons
- almond milk - 2 cups
- water - 2 cups
- salt - to taste
- Heat oil in the bottom of a soup pot
- Add onions, mushrooms and garlic, and cook on a medium heat, until mushrooms are translucent
- Add potato starch and mix to create a paste
- Slowly add the liquid to break up the potato starch mixture
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil
- Lower heat and cook 20 minutes longer
- Serve warm
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: