This is a soup that I make on a regular basis. If you know how to use a potato peeler, then this soup is easy to make. I make my matzo balls right in the soup. If you leave a couple of matzo balls in, they will disintegrate in the soup and make it thicker. Sometimes I do it on purpose and sometimes by accident. Either way, it comes out good.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
We love soup in my family. I make this soup for each holiday with matzo balls. It's real Jewish soul food.
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- onion - 1 large, chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- mushrooms - 4 large, chopped
- carrots - 2, chopped
- celery - 2 stalks, chopped
- kishuim - 2, chopped
- sweet potato - 1 large, chopped
- parve chicken soup bouillon - 3 tablespoons
- water - 10 cups
- In a large soup pot, heat oil
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, carrots and celery and cook until onions are translucent
- Add kishuim and sweet potatoes and cook another 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil
- Lower flame and let cook for about an hour
- Serve hot
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: