Cheese cake has to be one of my favorite desserts. One of the first recipes that I added to my blog was for refrigerator cheese cake. I’ve also had fun making cheesecake with Oreos that is also a no bake recipe. They are really good and creamy, but this year I decided I was going to come up with a baked version. When I was little, we lived in New York, and there is nothing that beats the the NYC bake version.
I was talking to my niece about the lack of graham crackers in Israel. I have no idea why they don’t sell them here, but they just don’t. When we made cheese cake in the old country, we always made a graham cracker crust. In Israel, you can get Lotus cookies which are much sweeter than graham crackers or you can use petit beurre cookies for the crust. (You can even use Oreos – I won’t tell anyone.)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
New York Cheese Cake
I like to drizzle chocolate syrup on the top when I serve the cake. It just makes it look so pretty.
- ground petit beurre biscuits - 2 cups
- margarine - 1/3 cup, melted
- tofutti cream cheese - 2 containers
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- vanilla pudding (instant powder) - 1/3 cup
- vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- corn starch - 2 tablespoons
- Mix margarine and cookie crumbs together
- Pack them into a spring form pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whip all cake ingredients together on high for 5 minutes
- Pour on top of crust and spread evenly
- Bake for about 1 hour - the top should start to brown
- Let sit out of oven to cool down and then place in fridge
- Serve cold
Shavuot is this Monday (but who’s counting 🙂 ). I want to wish everyone a lovely holiday, filled with lots of interesting learning and cheesecake!
Hi. Re vanilla pudding:
do you mean 1/3 cup of powder or 1/3 cup of made up pudding?
Good catch! I use Osem instant pudding powder. Chag Sameach!